**Now hiring in sunny Barcelona!** Amazon employs more than 1.6 million people worldwide, up 24% year-over-year. In all of history, no company this big has ever grown this fast. There are other large employers, some even bigger. There are other fast-growing companies, some even faster. As the engineering org responsible for building systems that help ensure all Amazonians are paid on time and accurately, we are asked to solve for challenges that no other company faces.
Also, we’re Amazonian. Our customers in Payroll expect us to innovate for them. Name another company building Anytime Pay, which we built to allow employees to withdraw pay as soon as they’ve earned it, prior to payday. Name another company using machine learning to ensure that employees are paid accurately. We really are having fun and making history in an area that – let’s face it – is probably pretty boring at other companies.
With awesome teams already in Seattle and India, we are expanding and building a new outpost in Barcelona. Your job will be to design, develop, and deliver the solutions to complex and ambiguous problems with the highest standards.
Key job responsibilities
1. Work with the customers in the Payroll space to understand and disambiguate their problems
2. Help in identifying the solution to our customers’ problems
3. Design high-level and low-level application application architecture to to address functional and non-functional requirements
4. Coding and reviewing code of your peers to implement the solution
5. Write automated unit test cases
6. Deliver the solution to production using the best Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment patterns
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Barcelona, B, ESP
– 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
– Experience programming with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
– 1+ years of non-internship design or architecture (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
– Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent
– Solid expertise in data structures and algorithms.
– Ability to design scalable, reliable, maintainable solutions with very high availability.
– Experience with relational and non-relational databases such as Oracle, SQL, Mongo DB, DynamoDB etc.
– Obsession with quality, operational excellence, and customer experience.
– Strong problem solving and analytical abilities.
– Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work in a team environment.
– Strong experience with React
– Strong knowledge and expertise in styling
– Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customer
– Experience with AWS technologies.
– Domain expertise in Payroll.
– Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and databases
– Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solution.
– Ability to think abstractly and deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems.
– Experience designing, building, and deploying scalable, highly-available systems Strong communication skills with diverse customers and audiences, across multiple disciplines and teams.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.