When you join Amazon as an Area/Shift Manager, you’ll gain experience leading a large and diverse team to make sure your area of the business keeps pace with demand. In this hands-on role, you’ll learn about the complexity of operations at a global business and what it takes to make everything run seamlessly. While you implement your team’s approach to drive productivity, you’ll also work closely with your colleagues to address challenges, which means no two days will be the same.
Key job responsibilities
– Promote a culture of safety and wellbeing .
– Analyze and implement corrective actions to make sure quality and productivity are at consistently high levels, and business objectives are met across all shifts.
– Support and lead a team and handle administrative work alongside building and supporting a strong team culture.
– Analyze performance and suggest process improvements to optimise work and improve customer service.
– Collaborate with other managers to standardise shift processes.
A day in the life
You’ll work shifts and be based at one of our operational sites. Your main focus will be to maintain safety standards within your team and across your site. You’ll also monitor and maintain process efficiency. Your days will always include prioritising routine team management and daily operational tasks, alongside other tasks like individual escalations, process improvement work and wide-scale operational contingency planning.
Being a key part of the operations team involves working with colleagues in other teams and external partners to make sure we stay on track to meet our customer demands and targets. This will involve analyzing data and performance metrics with leaders in your business area, as well as discussing the operational pros and cons of technical improvements with engineers.
About the team
Amazon Logistics, or AMZL, handles ‘last mile’ delivery duties in partnership with third-party distribution businesses. We utilise creative thinking and continuous improvement initiatives to get millions of physical products into the hands of our customers. Our goal is to make our customers’ delivery experience as smooth as possible and roll out global delivery solutions for our newest concepts, like Amazon Fresh, Prime Now and Amazon Restaurants.
There are two sides to what we do. Our ‘under the roof’ associates process millions of products for dispatch to our delivery teams. Our team is people-focused and supportive, particularly as lots of our people work through the night. We focus mostly on operations, with 24/7 shifts in most of our locations.
Meanwhile, our ‘on the road’ people work with Amazon Flex – a network of delivery contractors. Every year, we continually raise the bar for customer experience with new, innovative delivery services. We look for new ways to overcome industry wide logistics challenges and new ideas to reduce our carbon footprint, supported by a portfolio of cutting-edge vehicles (including Electric Vehicles) and technology to help us do just that.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Barcelona, B, ESP
– Bachelor’s degree (or working towards a bachelor’s degree).
– Advanced proficiency in written and verbal English and local language.
– Relevant experience in performing data analysis.
Preferred qualifications are not required to apply for a position at Amazon. If you have all the basic qualifications above, we’d love to hear from you.
– Experience of communicating with a wide range of stakeholders, including your peers and leadership.
– Experience in a logistical working environment.
– Experience working with the MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) in a professional environment.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.