Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organisation:
To accomplish operational activities of the customs department to offer a world class level of service and support relating to customs entries, declarations, and duty management for all imports in Iberia.
- Ensure the accurate and timely submission of all customs entries and reports.
- Track and trace of the exceptions and discrepancies.
- Maximize savings through Preference agreements and efficient duty management controls.
- Ensure Data Integrity between customs system and SAP and ALMA (WMS), special focus on stock inventory discrepancies.
- Ensure processes and procedures are updated to support any changes made within the business and if not, develop new processes and/or procedures, present to the management team and implement.
- Deal with day-to-day queries or identified issues (system, resource, incorrect/delayed documents, 3PLs (broker management relating to customs imports))
- Support the business with needed export/import processes.
- Participate in company projects.
o Global Customs
o DC Caspe
o IT/Customer Service/Marketing
o International Transportation and Logistics Companies
o Government Departments (Customs, Tax Authorities y SOIVRE)
o S4 (GESADU)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proven analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and issues.
- IT (particularly SAP/Excel/Access)
- Customs experience desirable.
- Process driven.
- People skills (relationship skills).
- Teamwork spirit.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Technical/Business related area.
- Specific International Trade background and/or Supply Chain knowledge is a plus.
- +2 years of experience in the Logistics/Customs department, preferably in the distribution. and consumption industry on a multinational company desirable
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and mainly Access).
- Fluency in English, written and spoken.