We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from.Apply now!
SAP is searching for a CDC (Gigya) Technical consultant to join the team of Experts in Southern Europe.
As a Technical Consultant you focus on customer-facing engagements as a consulting engineer. Candidates must demonstrate established technical development skill-sets with commensurate levels of external consulting capabilities. This team member will report to the Regional Practice Manager for the SAP SEMEA Services team. This position is based in Spain, with expectation of 0-15% travel to customer sites for workshop sessions, the rest is done remotely.
• Leverage technical acumen in order to provide world class post-sales consulting, implementation and delivery for enterprise customers across the region.
• Achieve billable and customer utilization targets.
• Provide technical leadership for multiple customers concurrently in various stages of their project implementation.
• Engage the customer and drive the technical discussion at remote and onsite workshop sessions, facilitated in concert with Global Services Implementation Consultant.
• Apply judgment for customer design decisions and architecture, helping with the optimal technical solution leveraging the CDC platform across web-based, mobile, and IoT digital properties.
• Capture customer design decisions and architecture in cohesive Technical Design Documentation that fits the standards of CDC Global Services project methodology.
• Enable customer development teams and their agencies on the configuration and use of the CDC platform during their implementation cycles (waterfall or Agile), via the appropriate level of professional technical consulting
• Develop and share client-side and server-side code examples, to further enable customer teams on harnessing the power of the CDC platform
• Design, code, and test appropriate level of customizations that are identified, reviewed, and allowed within the project scope and budget
• Plan and execute strategy for the migration of existing accounts, subscriptions, and user registration records from existing customer systems into the CDC platform
• Design and Implement scheduled batch ETL processes to sync data between the CDC platform and customer’s auxiliary systems
• Support the customer with formal QA and UAT review, as well as pre-launch preparation and planning
• Assist customer with go-live production launch and appropriate level of hypercare support
• identifying opportunities to maximize customer’s business value of CDC, and with the support of Global Services and Account Management departments, upsell additional product or service
Your relevant qualifications
• Server-side development experience with at least one server platform such as .NET, Java, PHP, and/or node.js
• Strongly prefer development experience with mobile platforms, including iOS (Objective C and Swift), Android
• Strongly prefer previous experience with SaaS platforms
• Strong development skills using Java/J2EE, Spring & Hibernate
• Experience working with Web Services (SOAP & RESTful)
• Knowledge of SQL, Relational Database Management Systems (DBMS)
• Problem solving skills, tenacity, drive, pro-active, creativity, sound planning and organisational abilities, strong improvement focus,
• Ideal candidate has had external customer facing experience, with the ability to communicate technical concepts to business stakeholders
• Ideal candidate also demonstrates “hustle” and has the ability to work with multiple customers simultaneously
• B.S. or M.S degree, with preference on technical study with Computer Science or Engineering
• Knowledge in front-end technologies (AngularJS, React, NodeJS)
• Experience in Application Performance Test & Management
• Onprem/Cloud architectures
• Hybris platform eCommerce / CRM Multichannel commerce experience
• Knowledge in Back end technologies (Java, Java Spring , J2EE)
• SAP CDC (Gigya) is a plus
• SAP COMMERCE (HYBRIS) is a plus
• 5+ years of total IT experience
• 3+ years of mobile and/or web development and customer facing experience, not necessarily at the same time
English and Spanish/Italian are the required languages
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: [email protected]
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID: 377732 | Work Area: Consulting and Professional Services | Expected Travel: 0 – 20% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid.
Job Segment: Cloud, Testing, ERP, Java, Front End, Technology