Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
The Health & Safety Technician will be responsible to manage and enforce company safety policies and ensure compliance with all applicable regulations. The incumbent will develop and implement health and safety initiatives and protocols in accordance with adidas values, to analyse, evaluate and manage safety risk and provide confidence to all interested parties that adidas are responsible and effectively protecting brand value. A successful incumbent demonstrates the ability to build the trust and confidence to inspire change through providing comprehensive risk assessments and safety data analysis.
- Implement written health and safety programs, ensuring safe working conditions for all employees and compliance to global company policies and all laws and regulations.
- Ensure site programs fully comply with health and safety regulations, adidas policies and Global H&S standards.
- Timely evaluation and periodic review of the site operational H&S profile, to ensure application of effective controls.
- Establish mechanisms to ensure proactive H&S assessment of the impact of change.
- Ensures mechanisms are established to identify and manage H&S regulatory requirements that apply to site operations including preparation of impact assessments, registrations, and certifications.
- Implement the health and safety risk strategies incorporating: Safety Standards, Policies, Environmental, Ergonomics, People Risk, Governance, Crisis Management, Event Risk, Incident Investigation & Management, Risk Assessment and Covid Measures.
- Conduct risk assessments on the workplace organization, employee behaviours, and standard operating procedures to minimize and mitigate risks.
- Maintain all records and documentation in compliance with local Health and Safety Management System and ISO-45001 standard.
- Ensures implementation and maintenance of Health and Safety Management System.
- Support adidas corporate and third-party audit programs to ensure compliance with the Health and Safety Management System, regulations, and other legal requirements.
- Captures, analyses, and reacts to safety metrics and reviews weekly and monthly incident trends to discover patterns on areas where the safety risk is highest.
- Develop incident investigation/near-miss process and train Operations staff on the procedure. Support Operations with root cause analysis and review corrective actions to ensure proper mitigation plans are being implemented.
- Integrates H&S risk assessment within operations thereby assuring all initiatives at the site are conducted in a safe manner and in full compliance with all applicable regulating bodies.
- Develop communication plan to effectively distribute health and safety information.
- Ensure adidas’ responsibility and obligations about occupational health and safety for the location, in accordance with applicable laws and guidelines.
- Serve as a technical expert on Health & Safety legal matters and legislative trends.
- Develop all required training materials (i.e., new hire, annual training, toolbox talks, etc.) related to health and safety. Collaborates with Operations and Training departments to ensure all employees receive the necessary training.
- Identify and manage relationships with key stakeholders and build a broader network map, incorporating relevant departments within Workplaces and adidas to deliver and embed a positive health and safety culture.
- Inform operation of new and developing health and safety regulations.
- Support Operations with performing root cause analysis and corrective actions as a result of injury and near misses. Trains Operations supervisors to conduct thorough investigations.
- Advising and supporting adidas employees on aspects of health and safety based on the local regulations.
- Ensures vendors, contractors and third-party employees are compliant to Company H&S standards.
- Accountable for ensuring appropriate H&S controls are determined and a harmonised implementation approach adopted with key stakeholders, other technical teams, and internal business units, to deliver appropriate safety services and measures.
- Implementation of organizational, preventive and defence of emergency response for employees.
- Introduce and ensure a leadership culture based on adidas principles within the entire department and across all hierarchical levels.
- DC Operations Management
- HSEE Team
- Human Resources
- Regulatory Agencies
- External vendors
- Other Departments
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to think outside the box to ensure continuous, strategic, and conceptual improvement.
- Ability to coach and guide the DC team in Health & Safety matters.
- Business mindset: strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead local regulatory compliance.
- Focus on service and customer satisfaction, people management/leadership culture
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupation Safety, Industrial Engineering, Environmental Management, or a related field
- Master’s in occupational health and safety
- 3-5 years of Health & Safety Experience
- Working knowledge in Health and Safety Management Systems
- Experience in managing Health & Safety programs