At Amazon, we strive to be the Earth’s most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online.
Amazon’s European Transportation team is responsible for our transportation network’s connectivity across Europe to deliver billions of shipments each year. We collaborate with multiple internal teams (e.g., Transportation Design, Supply Chain, External Fulfillment, Tech, etc.) to ensure a speedy and reliable customer delivery in the cheapest way possible.
In Transportation Network Configuration Quality and Analytics, we’re looking for skilled and motivated engineer to take the lead in designing, implementing, and delivering critical test solutions. As a key member of our team, the individual will have the opportunity to showcase technical experience, hands-on capabilities, and strong technical leadership skills while adapting and learning quickly in a fast-paced environment.
Key job responsibilities
• You will be responsible for Amazon network configuration, ensuring highest standards in the network
• Work alongside with our Transportation teams, Product Managers and SDEs to design, develop and improve processes while improving the purchase experiences of Amazon users.
• Mitigate issues impacting the network, providing short term mitigations and working on long term action plans for structurally address them
• Analyze the impact of potential disruption in the system while designing levers for prevention or faster resolution.
• Scope and document system improvements required for customer experience enhancement
• Interact with tech teams for driving and improving system and processes
• Interact with operations stakeholders
A day in the life
This position combines tactical and strategic responsibilities as stepping up to lead ambiguous programs.
You collaborate daily with stakeholders across multiple Organizations to resolve system and network issues with short and long term solutions. Working with your team and internal partners, you invent and develop system and process improvements that deliver new business value, improve CX, and increase team productivity, speed, and quality.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Barcelona, B, ESP
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, Engineering, Transportation or another technical field
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong stakeholder management capabilities
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team
• Proven analytical thinking with a natural tendency to use data in decision-making and prioritization
• Experience in prioritizing multiple concurrent projects while still delivering timely and accurate results
• Several years of experience in Program/Project management
• Supply Chain experience
• Amazon logistic network knowledge
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.