At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
What You’ll Be Doing
The Engineer – Serialization Lead (GSP – Global Serialization Program) is accountable for the delivery of the serialization system in new packaging lines at existing and new sites as a process engineering representative through the length of the project activities (from requirements phase to PQ). Your role will involve collaborating closely with the Engineering and IT teams (Global and site). This knowledge will be used to support internal GSP activities related to asset delivery and supporting processes. You will also be expected to:
- Provide technical leadership to drive projects to completion. You will support Global Facilities Delivery on major capital projects related to the delivery of the Global Serialization Solution; support the Design Delivery Gate Review process by maintaining Gate protocols and executing gates on major projects. Your multitasking and prioritization skills will be vital in delivering our current aggressive line delivery portfolio.
- Partner with the business support team within the GSP to ensure alignment with packaging site needs
- Develop a deep understanding of the Serialization solutions deployed to meet Lilly’s global serialization strategy for packaging.
- Assist Packaging sites globally with developing and implementing process improvements and technology upgrades for serialization that help with minimizing costs and production issues.
- Assist in technical design for the technologies that support or interact with GSP solutions.
- Help prioritize the change agenda and participate in serialization change management governance, including evaluating the impact of changes.
- Provide serialization support for site audits as needed.
- Provide Core Solution Leadership related to the provided software solution.
- Knowledge sharing – Provide ongoing technical support to site packaging engineering groups, domestic and global.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 3+ years packaging, automation, or software experience, specifically related to packaging processes and equipment
- Experience in serialization and full track and trace, as well as experience with product labeling, track and trace methodologies and regulatory compliance related to anti-counterfeiting measures
- 2+ years experience in GMPs and computer systems validation (CSV)
- Experience with vendor management, including selection & qualification
- Ability to work across boundaries (functional, geographic, external company, etc.).
- Project management experience
- Good oral and written skills in English Language
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to identify and resolve complex technical issues.
- Adaptability and flexibility to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and with minimal direction
- Desire for innovation – Must stay up to date with emerging trends in advancements in Serialization technologies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships with stakeholders
- Familiarity with industry standards such as GS1 and FDA DSCSA regulations System integration with enterprise resource planning (ERP, SAP+) and manufacturing execution systems (MES)
- Knowledge of machine vision technologies including image analysis and inspection Experience interfacing with vision hardware components and familiarity with connectivity protocols
- Knowledge of the Systech Serialization solution
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of the time, US and international.
- Will require occasional work in a variety of manufacturing environments; some safety equipment and/or gowning may be required.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( [email protected] ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women’s Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.