At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
What You’ll Be Doing
The Automation/Process Serialization Engineer is accountable for the direct support throughout the design, build, site integration and verification for the new Packaging lines delivered in all Lilly Sites following GSP (Global Serialization Program) processes and procedures. Your role will involve collaborating closely with the Engineering and IT teams (Global and site). You will also be expected to:
- Interface effectively with the different involved stakeholders (Lilly GSP team, the selected Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), and the Lilly Site resources)
- Proactively resolve serialization related issues, including issues related to the integration of serialization with the different OEMs
- Technically understand the integration of the serialization system with the OEM, ensuring the OEM equipment is designed, programmed and tested to assure the integration OEM-Serialization system follows the global Lilly GSP standards.
- Drive activities to completion, specifically those related to integration and testing in FAT, installation and verification activities (includes testing)
- Lead the Serialization Installation phase of the equipment at the site, managing the task list schedule, driving completion of task list, interacting with OEM, site Automation, Lilly IT and Lilly Telecom as needed.
- Perform review vendor internal documentation and testing, perform code/design compares, document differences or lack of difference, assess impact and right size the testing effort.
- Perform Software Code Reviews and manage the Software Configuration Management Process for the equipment.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Serialization solution deployed to meet Lilly’s global serialization strategy for packaging.
- Assist Packaging sites globally with developing and implementing process improvements and technology upgrades for serialization that help with minimizing costs and production issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 1+ years packaging, automation, or software experience, specifically related to packaging processes and equipment
- Experience in serialization and full track and trace.
- 1+ years of experience in GMPs and computer systems validation (CSV)
- Ability to work across boundaries (functional, geographic, external company, etc.).
- Good oral and written skills in English Language
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to identify and resolve complex technical issues.
- Adaptability and flexibility to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and with minimal direction
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships with stakeholders
- Familiarity with industry standards such as GS1 and FDA DSCSA regulations System integration with enterprise resource planning (ERP, SAP+) and manufacturing execution systems (MES)
- Knowledge of machine vision technologies including image analysis and inspection Experience interfacing with vision hardware components and familiarity with connectivity protocols
- Knowledge of the Systech Serialization solution
- Experience with Rockwell Automation Allen Bradley platform (ControlLogix processors, RSLogix (Studio5000) software, Ethernet/IP network architecture.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time, US and international.
- Will require occasional work in a variety of manufacturing environments; some safety equipment and/or gowning may be required.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( [email protected] ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women’s Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.