Launch into the corporate world and build relationships with Amazon Retail Vendors. Vendors are one of our key business partners in the Retail organization; they sell their products wholesale to Amazon. You’ll be responsible for their success on the platform, on top of identifying new business opportunities with a positive impact to the community.
How often can you say that your work changes the world? At Amazon, you’ll say it often. Join us and define tomorrow’s innovations in e-commerce.
Key job responsibilities
• Work with a small set of strategically important manufacturers who produce goods and then sell them to us as a retailer.
• Drive a positive Vendor experience by building and maintain a strong relationship to achieve mutual growth with unique solutions.
• Provide customized strategic business advice to Vendors to improve their overall business performance and grow their sales.
• Drive supply-chain operational excellence initiatives by reducing costs, defects, lead times, and by managing stock in our fulfillment centers.
• Take part in advertising campaigns and promotional activities such as Prime Day where you will help your brands generating sales and increase their traffic and improve conversion.
Your paid 6-month internship includes:
• Hybrid, flexible working: we believe in striking the right balance between your personal and professional life.
• Mentorship: we care about your career aspirations and strive to assign projects based on your interests. You can learn and be curious with access to unlimited virtual trainings on project management, personal brand, communication skills and many more.
• Get involved: we have with over 13 Amazon Affinity Groups you can join and become an ally to a cause close to your heart (sustainability, diversity, LGBTQ+, mental and/or physical disabilities, local community initiatives, etc.)
• Taking ownership of your career: because when you succeed, we all win. A successful internship, could lead to a full-time (graduate role) after finishing your university studies.
About the team
At Amazon Retail, we help improve the selection and shopping experience and offer customers around the world exciting products and deals. As a Business intern, you will be part of one of our product categories which go from books to fashion, electronics to grocery, movies and music to toys and health & beauty, and everything in between.
From a garage-based start-up in 1995 to a top global brand today, Amazon has evolved and made its way into our lives. Amazon Retail is at the heart of that journey. Join us and become part of it.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Madrid, M, ESP
• Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree.
• Available to commence an internship between January and December 2024. Yes, our start dates are flexible! You should then be available for 6 months, full time (40h/week).
• Fluent written and verbal communication in English (Level – C1 or higher).
• Fluent written and verbal communication in Spanish (Level – B2 or higher).
• You will be based in Madrid for the duration of the internship. A relocation package will be offered.
• Studies within Business, Marketing, Economics, Engineering or similar fields.
• Knowledge in MS Office programs as Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
• Planning, prioritization and time-management skills and ability to communicate efficiently
Every day will be filled with developing new skills and achieving personal growth. Interested?
Submitting your application takes less than 10 minutes and cover letters are not required. You will just need to attach your CV and answer a questionnaire.
Selected candidates will be invited to an online assessment. If successful, you’ll attend to two rounds of virtual interviews, which take place on the same day. Interviews consist of behavioural questions and a case study, focusing on our Leadership Principles. The entire recruitment process typically takes 3 to 4 weeks. Do note that the selection process and timelines are subject to change, and vary with role and location.
EMEA Student Programs Team
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.